Each fall, Koontz families are asked to join the PTO. Parent participation is a big part of what will make Koontz a great school, and your contributions help us pay for crucial enrichment activities, events and improvements that benefits all students.
Completed membership forms may be dropped off at the school office, mailed or sent in to the teacher with your child.
Annual PTO membership costs only $5 per person. We are hoping to have 100% participation from parents and teachers this year.
It takes many volunteers to make events happen for our school. If you would like to be involved with a specific committee see the list in the Volunteer Interest form. If you would like to be on our general volunteer list, please fill out the form and check “I do not have a specific committee in mind, but would like to be involved with PTO in some capacity.”
Descriptions of some volunteer positions:
- Box Tops for Education– clip and collect box top coupons. The collection times occur once in the fall and early spring.
- All-School Kickball Tournament– organize the event and concessions for the games that will feature both Koontz faculty members and students. This event is held in the fall.
- Fifth/Sixth Grade Dance– coordinate and execute an after school dance for the fifth or sixth grade. This event is held late winter/early spring.
- Fun Food Nights– contact local restaurants to make a calendar of (almost) monthly fundraising events to gather our community and raise funds for our school.
- Fundraising– organize the No Fuss Fundraiser and any other events you may come up with.
- Health Fair– assist with various health related screenings for our 5th grade students. This event is held in the fall.
- Heritage Night– help organize the Koontz tradition of celebrating students’ and family cultures through food, activities, and a display of student projects.
- Hospitality– organize and help with events (i.e. teacher appreciation luncheon, etc…) that requires meals, baked goods or other refreshments.
- “One Time” Projects– There are several times during the school year when volunteers are needed for “One Time” Projects. As the PTO receives requests from staff or PTO committees for volunteers, they call parents that have checked the “I do not have a specific committee in mind, but would like to be involved with PTO in some capacity” option and may be available for a short, one-time task — such as picture day.
If you have any questions, please email the PTO.