The C. T. Koontz Intermediate School Parent Teacher Organization is a non-profit organization that supports Koontz Intermediate School students. We use the funds we raise to pay for and organize school programs and events, as well as purchase needed items for the school.
The PTO meets the 3rd Monday of each month, September – May, at 3:30pm in the Koontz Media Center.
- Promote greater parent and teacher involvement in school activities and events.
- Raise enough funds in order to meet the needs for supplies, special programs and extra school activities that enrich the students’ learning environment.
- Encourage volunteerism at C. T. Koontz Intermediate School.
Here are some of the things we support:
- Cultural arts programs
- Visiting authors & assemblies
- Community events
- Family fun nights
- Field trip scholarships
- School garden
- Heritage night
- Movie night
- All-school kickball tournament
- And more!
Thanks to your help, donations and support last year, the PTO purchased supplies for each classroom, materials for Koontz Intermediate, including a new pipe and drape system for our gymnatorium’s stage, and the educational software program Newsela.